Solar Crusaders is a multiplayer top-down strategy game featuring 4x gameplay, sandbox universe, real-time battles, and simulated virtual economy. You’ll control the crews of customization spaceships and space-stations in a galaxy populated by other players and A.I. controlled NPC’s.
Currently the company is completely self-funded, they’re going to be kicking off their Kickstarter campaign on March 17th and they’ll need your support to ensure they’re able to meet their December 2015 launch. Keep an eye out for the teaser trailer that will be launching in support of the upcoming campaign.
Explore the Galaxy
As you guide your ship through each solar system, you’ll explore features such as stars, moons, planets, asteroids, and singularities; optionally colonizing strategic locations as you see fit.
Grow your empire
Colonization will allow you to create items in the game, which will range in quality based on your manufacturing facilities and proper composition of resources. Anything from small sensor augments, to full ship systems like engines, transporters, and cloak can be created and traded in-game.
Manage your crew members
Your crew will be composed of five different races including Human, Monk, Planetoid, Robotic, and Creature. Each race will have their own appearance, behavior, and special ability; affording each a particular advantage in combat, diplomacy, or a wide variety of other possible enhancements. Each crew member will be subject to perma-death, although this can be mitigated through insurance, and cloning bays.
Take command of your ship
Your ships will be highly configurable, with many systems being swap-able and/or up-gradable. You’ll have to carefully manage your critical resources including fuel, atmosphere, and ammunition; while at the same time manage your crew as they perform their specialized duties like piloting, engineering, weapons control, and more. Additional supplies and reinforcements can be salvaged from wrecks, created from resources, or bought from NPC’s and other players.
The advancement system is based upon training individual skills of crew members in fields such as piloting, shields, engineering, weapons, and more. Ultimately, your goal will be to expand your dominion beyond your home system, and into the furthest reaches of the galaxy.
- Explore dozens of star systems in a persistent universe populated by both players and A.I. controlled NPC’s.
- Visit thousands of unique planets, moons, asteroids, singularities, and comets in hundreds of procedurally generated solar systems.
- Command and battle against multiple ships, with up to four ships under your command.
- Colonize and exploit strategic locations by building space stations and outposts.
- Participate in the simulated game economy by mining ores, refining fuels, or manufacturing ships, stations, and components.
- Compete against other players and NPC’s to develop faster and more powerful ships.
- Web Browser
- Windows 7, 8
- Mac OSX
Watch out for more news on Twitter.