Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter Reborn has officially launched on Steam. For those of you that remember playing Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter know how exciting this news really is. For those of you that never had the privilege of playing it, here’s your chance to check out the updated/ evolved version of the popular FPS dinosaur hunting sim.
Artem Kuryavchenko, who worked on the original Carnivores and is the games technical lead says, “It’s been over fifteen years and I’m delighted I could help bring back Carnivores to its rightful home on the PC.”
Are you ready to embark on your own Jurassic safari adventure?
In the near future advances in engineering made interstellar travel possible, bringing forth the era of space exploration. Along many planets mankind has discovered a world very similar to Earth circa Jurassic period. The planet had a lot of islands populated with huge, wild animals, which supposedly looked just like Earth’s long extinct dinosaurs. Soon enough exploration of the planet began. “DinoHunt, Inc” was established, and the company started to provide hunting trips for everyone wealthy and bold enough to take on mighty creatures inhabiting the planet.
You are one of those hunters. The game brings you to an ancient environment and lets you hunt for the most dangerous and the strongest creatures in the universe. Get a hunting license, pack up your gear, choose an island to hunt and embark on the adventure of a lifetime!
Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter Reborn is an authentic hunting simulation where you track and stalk your prey. You can’t just rely on your weaponry and later arrival in the evolutionary theater to get you through. You need to be thoughtful and mind your surroundings. Consider your prey, their habits, and how they’ll react to seeing you. And most importantly, you need to consider that the last thing that was needed to kill these creatures was a giant comet.
Every dinosaur you encounter on this planet is unique; some are practically tame; others will run and hide at the merest suggestion of sound or smell of you; the worst will become enraged at the first sight of you, turn the tables, and hunt you until the ends of the reserve. In addition to the better game play and production values, the game now features equipment upgrades, mutant dinosaurs, evacuations and death cinematics. So pack your bags, get your shuttle ticket and remember, you’ll need your wits, your rifle, and most of all… You’re gonna need a bigger trophy wall.
- Improved Game Play Experience; including open world hunting, enhanced visual graphics, weapon upgrades, and most importantly, nastier dinosaurs.
- Beautiful surroundings; visit huge realistic islands each representing a certain type of environment. There are beaches, jungles, forests, rocky plains and deserts.
- Jurassic National Park; explore the islands and observe the wildlife. You can still capture dinosaurs without killing them; just make sure to sedate animals first with tranquilizer ammo.
- Different Types of Dinosaurs; start with an easy prey and move up the food chain eventually hunting the biggest and the deadliest creatures alive!
- Realistic AI; prey reacts to visuals, sounds and smell. Dinosaurs’ senses differ from species to species. And make sure to land your shot well: wounded animals run for their life or become enraged and try to take you down!
- Prepare for the Hunt; choose between a high caliber rifle and a silent crossbow and don’t forget your trusty side gun. And make sure to mask yourself from animals with CoverScent!
- Trophy Room; every hunter has to keep his trophies on display – collect all types of dinosaurs including the mighty and feared T-Rex!
Digital Dreams Entertainment LLC is an entertainment company specializing in the creation and development of games for console and mobile platforms.