GRIP Digital s.r.o. and Teotl Studios’ joint creation THE SOLUS PROJECT is a first-person single-player survival game, headed to PC and as a console exclusive to Xbox One, via the ID@Xbox self-publishing program. It was also one of the big hits at this year’s E3, and now you have a chance to play it yourself, at the Microsoft booth at this year’s Gamescom show in Cologne.
Earth is on the brink of destruction and you are sent to explore a distant planet. After years of space travel you arrive but experience a catastrophic landing. With your team members dead and your equipment destroyed you have no way of communicating with – or receiving help from an Earth that might no longer exist… you are completely and utterly alone.
THE SOLUS PROJECT strands you on an alien planet, and challenges you to get to grips with the harsh environment as you struggle to find a way to send a signal home, and save the human race in the process.
- Explore: Survive through exploration. Unlock the depths of the uncharted planet, and the secrets buried deep below. Delve into huge cave systems and tombs and uncover over 200 secrets.
- Atmosphere: Atmosphere rich environment that is fully dynamic. A day and night cycle and a dynamic weather system that calculates temperature/humidity/wind. Ocean tides. Plants respond to the climate. Storms form. Earthquakes happen.
- Survive: Survive the extreme climate, tornadoes, storms, meteors, lightning, and not least the dark secrets burried beneath the surface.
- Depth: Plants grow and rot. Ocean tide based on the moon. Your body responds to everything from getting wet to lack of sleep to walking uphill to the humidity. Hundreds of upgrades to be found. Secret areas within secret areas within secret areas.
- Savior: Your death means the end of mankind. Save us and rebuild a communication device to phone home, by scavenging useful items.
- Adventure: Be a pioneer, an archeologist, and an astronaut to explore a mysterious alien planet. The adventure has a beginning and an end, but it is a harsh world. A mistake will cost you your life.
- Length: Many kilometers/miles of alien islands, caves, and tombs.
Spiritual successor to The Ball. Same universe, same backstory, same atmosphere.
Gamescom runs for four days from Wednesday 5th August, and not only will you be able to play an updated demo of THE SOLUS PROJECT, but Teotl founder and gaming legend Sjoerd De Jong will be there for interviews throughout Wednesday, Thursday and Friday morning.
But to be one of the first to uncover THE SOLUS PROJECT’s secrets, you’ll need to book your visit to the Microsoft booth in Cologne this August…
I’m very excited to get hands on with THE SOLUS PROJECT, there is something so very reminiscent of the PC games of my childhood and I love it. Unfortunately I won’t be at Gamescom. so I’ll need to wait until it’s released for PC and Xbox One early in 2016.
If you happen to get hands on at Gamescom, let me know what you think and if my excitment is justified…