Kidnapped is a psychological, story-driven adventure horror game, with a great emphasis on exploration, puzzle solving and combat. Kidnapped dynamically changes the game world as the player progresses, and aims to unnerve the player. Traverse through a terrifying two-hundred-year old manor, dark damp caves, a creepy church, dark swamps, and an eerie forest full of wildlife. Can you find the mystery behind your captivity and most importantly, can you escape this ordeal?
Waking up cold and alone… Kidnapped tells the tale of Sebastian Lee from the city of Stirling, Scotland. Sebastian vanished mysteriously without a trace and was never seen again. You take on the role of Sabastian and discover what happened in the winter of 1992.
“We have been very busy in development, to ensure the game runs at its best on all Platforms. We hope to have a steady framerate on every platform.” said Gavin Powell, game creator and director for Deceptive Games. “We have decided to release the game in Early Access, as this allows eager players to get hands on with the game, and to help shape the game in the final months of development. At this point, we would like to thank everyone who has supported the development of the game, and really hope people enjoy playing the game.”
- A Dynamic Changing World – The game changes the landscape and direction as you play.
- Psychological Experience – Kidnapped has been designed to provide a psychological horror experience.
- Atmospheric Environments – An eerie immersive world is waiting for you to explore.
- Interactive Environments – 50% of the world in items can be interactived with.
- Enemies – Multiple enemies including wildlife, such as bears, foxes, stags etc, as well as strange monsters and creatures. You are the hunted, not the hunter.
- Puzzle Elements – Collect and harness items to aid your survival and progression.
- Weaponry – Take aim and arm yourself, if you can find one.
- Resolution and Graphics – Designed to run at 1080p at 60fps.
- Audio – Features an immersive sound design.
- Random Encounters – Enemies spawn dynamically and can be located anywhere. Nowhere is safe.
- Story – Kidnapped’s setting and story is based from actual real life stories of a popular myth lore/legend.
Kidnapped is scheduled to be released 21st July 2015, and will be available for all desktop machines; Windows, Mac OSX and Linux. Buy it now on Steam…
Developed by Deceptive Games, they’re a newly formed independent games company of desktop and mobile games from South Wales, UK.