The game for everyone who needs more beer, beards and battle in their lives. The Dwarves is a tactical RPG with an innovative combat system, based on the bestselling fantasy novel of the same name, and will receive its world debut at Gamescom next month.
The revolutionary Crowd-Combat System forms the core of The Dwarves, meaning that enemies exhibit a flocking behavior and are influenced by physics. If a dwarf lands a mighty blow with a heavy war hammer, the impacted orcs are thrown back, colliding with their allies and some of them might even be pushed into an abyss! It’s only through tactical use of the environment and all of the heroes skills that players will be able to survive against the hordes outnumbering them by 100 to 1.
The Dwarves is developed by established German studio King Art Games, the creative force behind The Book of Unwritten Tales-Series, Battle Worlds: Kronos, The Raven and many more.
Key features of The Dwarves:
● The main character in the game is the dwarf Tungdil, who grew up among humans. Over the course of the story he gathers a group of up to 12 companions around him; each of whom have a unique backstory and individual battle skills.
● Before each battle you assemble a group of up to four heroes, who then fight against hundreds of enemies simultaneously… Helm’s Deep sends its regards!
● Innovative Crowd-Combat System: Enemies have a flocking behavior and react using realistic physics. Every action of the player has an impact on all enemies.
● You travel across Girdlegard on a world map that contains dozens of battlefields and places just waiting to be discovered.
● Bestselling author Markus Heitz is directly involved in the project as a consultant and will contribute some quests and brand new characters.
● The Dwarves is in development for PS4, Xbox One and PC; Release 2016.