The Bridge is a 2D logic puzzle game that forces the player to re-evaluate their preconceptions of physics and perspective. It is Isaac Newton meets M. C. Escher. Manipulate gravity to redefine the ceiling as the floor while venturing through impossible architectures. Explore increasingly difficult worlds, each uniquely detailed and designed to leave the player with a pronounced sense of intellectual accomplishment. The Bridge exemplifies games as an art form, with beautifully hand-drawn art in the style of a black-and-white lithograph.
The Bridge, a black-and-white indie puzzler in the style of M. C. Escher, will be available for Xbox One on August 14th, for PS3, PS4, PS Vita, and Ouya on August 18th, and for Wii U on August 20th. The price of The Bridge is $9.99, and it will be available in the Americas and in Europe for these platforms.
- 48 thought-provoking puzzles, each unique from the rest, all requiring an innovative solution.
- Gravity manipulations, gravitational vortexes, parallel dimensions, and many more mind-bending concepts in a world where the laws of physics are not what they seem.
- M. C. Escher-esque worlds with impossible architecture set in the style of beautifully hand-drawn black-and-white lithographic art.
- An alternate version of the game unlocked after the main storyline has been completed, including challenging alternate versions of each of the 24 main puzzles, along with an alternate ending.
- A time-backtracking system to alleviate any fears of making a mistake.
Why isn’t the Bridge being released on PC or Xbox 360?
The Bridge actually debuted on these platforms, originally released on Windows PC and Xbox 360 in 2013. Since then they’ve received tremendous critical acclaim and audience praise, selling more than 500,000 copies to date. After receiving nominations in contests such as the IGF, PAX 10, Indie Game Challenge, and IndieCade, The Bridge was catapulted into an international spotlight.
Below is a complete list of accolades for The Bridge:
“Winner – PAX 10” – Penny Arcade Expo 2012
“Winner – Achievement in Gameplay” – Indie Game Challenge 2012
“Winner – Achievement in Art Direction” – Indie Game Challenge 2012
“Winner – Grand Prize” – Microsoft Windows Store Unity Contest 2014
“Winner – Best Art” – Unity Awards 2014
“Nominee – Best Gameplay” – Unity Awards 2014
“Winner – Student Showcase” – Independent Games Festival 2012
“Best Platformer of 2013” – The Escapist
“Winner – Best Art” – Independent Propeller Awards 2012
“Winner- Grand Prize” – Seattle Independent Game Competition 2012
“Winner – Grand Prize” – Seattle iFest 2012
“Winner – Grand Prize” – Redmond Digital Art Festival 2012
“Nominee – Best Art” – IndieCade 2011
“Winner – Best Art” – Seattle iFest 2013
“Nominee – Grand Prize” – A.MAZE Indie Connect Festival 2013
“Nominee – Grand Prize” – Independent Propeller Awards 2012
“Nominee – Grand Prize” – Develop Indie Showcase 2012
“Honorable Mention – Innovation” – Dream.Build.Play 2011
“Honorable Mention – Art” – Independent Games Festival 2013