With only 8 days left on their Kickstarter Campaign, Gun Media & Illfonic are getting so damn close to achieving their $700K goal. However in order for Friday The 13th: The Game to become a terrifying reality, they still need the support of the community to help raise the remaining $80,837 before the time runs out… Of course there is more than one way to show your support, you can choose to back them on Kickstarter and/ or take to social media to ensure all of your friends, family members, and even your co-workers know that you’re looking to recruit them in the effort to #UnleashJason.
With that being said the team wanted to be sure you had plenty to talk about when sharing your excitement, so they’ve posted a few new updates this week that’ll surely help you get others onboard. Among the updates you’ll find a new in game trailer highlighting Camp Crystal Lake, roundtable discussions with the dev team at Sean Cunningham’s house, and new campaign reward options.
Here’s our first look at the design of Camp Crystal Lake, even though the footage is primarily focused on the defined pathways between areas of the camp they’ve assured us that there are plenty of wooded areas to explore within the grounds.
Whether you’re a self appointed Achievement/ Trophy Hunter or you’re so obsessed in the pursuit of them that you’ve been branded a Trophy Whore, you’ll want to pay close attention to this one… They’re providing 10 backers an opportunity to work with the dev team to Create & Name their own Trophy/ Achievement. That’s right, you’ll have completionists actively pursuing a trophy that you designed, named, and wrote the description tag for it. Have any ideas? I sure as hell do…
Now, this is the part that needs everyone’s attention and care. These add-ons can become a little confusing since they need to be accounted for manually by you! All Add-ons are available for anyone pledging at the $15 Tier or above.
Add-On Instructions: To add any add-on or multiple add-ons to your pledge, follow these steps:
1) Press the ‘Manage Your Pledge’ Button: You’ll find this button above. If you haven’t pledged yet the button will read “Back This Project”.
2) Keep your chosen pledge selected and then increase your pledge in the “Pledge Amount” Box by totaling up your chosen Tier + the additional amount of each of your add-ons + any shipping and handling that needs to be included for every add-on you want.
3) After the Kickstarter Campaign ends, a few days later a survey will be sent to you and you’ll be able to choose the add-ons you wanted and how you’d like the add-on money assigned.
If you have already created a second (or third) account on Kickstarter and selected different Reward Tiers on them, please keep those instead of doing add-ons. If you want to select more add-ons though, use your original account and follow the above steps.
- Physical Friday the 13th: The Game Soundtrack CD – $18 (+$4 s/h for U.S. or $9 for International – Est. Delivery Date Oct 2016)
- Physical Friday the 13th: The Game Art Book [Hardcover] – $49 (+$9 s/h for U.S. or $19.75 for International – Est. Delivery Date Oct 2016)
- Digital Friday the 13th: The Game Download Key – $30 (Select from either Steam, PS4 or Xbox One per extra key after the campaign ends – Est. Delivery Date Oct 2016)
- Digital Friday the 13th: The Game Soundtrack Download Key – $10 – (Est. Delivery Date Oct 2016)
- Digital Tom Savini designed Jason Voorhees Skin – $6 – (Est. Delivery Date Oct 2016)
- Digital Counselor Clothing Pack DLC Code – $9 – (Est. Delivery Date Oct 2016)
Roundtable Discussion #1
Roundtable Discussion #2
They’ve also released their first Backers Only update which contains early access to the next 3 roundtable discussions, however I’m not going to provide those here as I want to ensure the backers have an opportunity to enjoy their perks…
Crystal Lake cannot remain his watery grave… Camp Crystal Lake needs it’s prodigal son to rise from the depths, they need their boogeyman to walk once more.
Whether you’re still wanting to know more or you’re ready to show your support, head over to the Kickstarter and let them know what you think… There are times when I stumble onto a Kickstarter campaign and wish I had the ability to financially contribute, unfortunately that isn’t always the case. However there are other ways to show your support, simply helping to get the word out within the community is a great way to let them know they’ve got a fan within you.