Starpoint Gemini 2 sold more than 150,000 copies on PC, won PC Gamer’s Best PC Games of 2014 Award, Reboot Develop Conference – Indie Game 2014 Award and IndieDB – Indie Of The Year 2014 Award and with over 2,000 positive comments on Steam and a freshly released DLC, Starpoint Gemini 2 will be heading to Xbox One on December 11th this year.
It has been two years since the end of the second Gemini war, the situation in the wartorn system is further from resolution than ever.
The collection of freedom fighters named Gemini League is now reduced to a small group, with no power or influence, after losing their leaders. The Empire meanwhile, has used the re-opened Starpoint to occupy the once renegade Gemini sector – and beyond.
A multitude of Imperial warship fleets and mammoth motherships have crushed every trace of opposition. The situation was looking bleak, when they suddenly halted their armada and re-shifted their focus on fortifying Starpoint with staggering numbers. Rumours soon spread that they were afraid of something coming after them through the T-gate, from what was supposed to be the core of the Empire. What are they running from that makes even the mighty Empire tremble?
In this open world action space-sim, requiring well planned tactics and offering RPG depth, you’ll be able to control various space ships, ranging from small and agile gunships to lumbering, but deadly carriers. The entire Gemini star system, that is not hindered by loading points, will be open for you to explore, trade, research and fight.
In this one, giant area you won’t be stopped from going anywhere anytime and that’s thanks to the implemented streaming technology. Gaining experience and upgrading your skills will allow you to change the tide of even the fiercest space battles.
· Complex, but easy-to-use RPG system, now coupled with dynamic real-time 3D combat.
· Explore the dynamic game world as a whole, rather than through individual maps.
· Use T-Gates, wormholes and riftways to travel faster around the Gemini system.
· Fifty diverse factions ranging from states and companies to outlaws, locked in a powerstruggle, with over 100 commodities to trade or plunder.
· Special revocable licenses acquired from factions offer various bonuses and unlock new options.
· Hire mercenary captains to follow you on your travels and share your fate, and employ officers to fill key positions on your ship (engineering, navigation, tactical).
· Random missions get generated depending on the player’s actions and allegiances.
· Over 70 unique ships, fully upgradeable with various ship systems, with a.o. visible turrets, and a large arsenal of destructive weapons to blast enemies to pieces.
· Direct ship controls create complete immersion.
· Advanced physics provided by NVIDIA PhysX technology.
The Xbox One version of the game will also include:
· Entirely new HUD design, both new visual appearance and functionality crafted for Xbox controllers.
· Added new camera mode, „rotate and follow“, for easier maneuvering when playing.
· Redesigned user interface with new quick access controls.
· Added Xbox achievements.