SteamWorld Heist launches on the Nintendo 3DS in the Americas, Europe, Australia and New Zealand on December 10, while the Japanese version and other platforms will come at a later date, regularly priced at $19.99 / €19.99 / £14.99.
However, it’s the holidays, Image & Form is throwing in a launch discount as a Christmas present to the marvellous Nintendo 3DS community. From launch until December 31, the price will be $16.99 / €16.99 / £11.99. I wouldn’t recommend letting this price slip through your fingers, priced at $19.99 SteamWorld Heist is already going to be a steal.
It’s time you start to prepare for boarding! SteamWorld Heist is a space adventure with turn-based tactical shootouts, where you aim in real time and perform awesome bullet-bouncing trick shots.
Join Captain Piper Faraday, smuggler and occasional pirate, as she recruits a rag-tag team of steam-driven robots and sets out on a daring adventure. With your hearty crew, you’ll board, loot and shoot your way through enemy spaceships. Overcome the challenges of the vast frontier by upgrading your robots with unique abilities, weapons – and even stylish hats!
“I always pride myself on my ability to stay unbiased” said Brjann Sigurgeirsson, CEO of Image & Form “so it is with pleasure I can objectively state that SteamWorld Heist will be one of the strongest and most pleasantly surprising titles to come out this year – regardless of platform or studio size.”
- Turn-based strategy focused on skill rather than chance
- Free aiming lets you perform clever trick shots
- Master 100+ weapons
- Kind to newcomers, deep and challenging for veterans
- Randomly generated levels
- 20-25 hours of playtime, followed by New Game+
- Steampunk tunes by legendary Steam Powered Giraffe
- Fearsome bosses and a playful narrative
- 60 fps and C Stick support on New Nintendo 3DS & New Nintendo 3DS XL