Last week we shared the exciting news that the gritty cyberpunk thriller Void And Meddler, is being expanded from the original Dev Jam entry into an episodic full release on PC. Just in case you missed our original article, here’s a quick overview of what Dorian is currently working on…
Void and Meddler is a deep trip inside the mazelike mind of Fyn, wandering in an uncertain era, in an undefined city. People are used to taking hormone drugs and collecting false memories. This make it easier to change their life and become the person they want to be.
- A non-linear adventure in 6 acts (3 episodes)
- Each act can end in several ways (different puzzles, different stories)
- Surreal atmosphere inspired by Philip.K.Dick, William Gibson, David Cronenberg, Shinya Tsukamoto and Gregg Araki
- Your actions may alterate the world around you
- A not so subtle mix between good old point and click features and a totally fucked up story!
And now that you’re well versed in what Void And Meddler is all about, check out our exclusive interview with Dorian Sred.
Continue reading Void And Meddler, An Exclusive Interview With Dorian Sred
During the 2014 Point and Click Jam there were a number of exciting entries that were developed and submitted within the tight 15 day window of opportunity. This particular game jam challenged developers to create a point and click adventure game, that met the below requirements.
- Needed to resemble the graphic style of a game from 80s/90s (LucasArts / Sierra / Delphine etc)
- must look / sound / feel / play as if it is from a retro system using specific color palettes and needed a resolution of 320 x 200.
- It could utilize a SCUMM Verb/Object style system, or something of the developers own creation.
However one of the most intriguing entries into the competition was developed by Dorian Sred & Trevor Reveur, Void And Meddler. The duo certainly wasn’t unfamiliar with the tight time constraints posed by the jam setting, they created their first game entitled No Wave in period of 48 hours for the GameDevParty jam6.
Continue reading Void And Meddler, A Cyberpunk Trip Where False Memories Let You Become You